Darlene Gayler, our Vice President, is a co-founder of the Sustainable Danville Area, an organization with a mission to recognize and inspire sustainable practices that support a healthy quality of life and a healthy local economy throughout our community – with the following purposes:
- Encourage sustainable practices by facilitating partnerships between local schools, businesses, government and residents within the Danville Area
- Recognize what we ‘Already Do Well’ and figure out ‘What We Can Do Better’
- Focus on fact-based win-win, non-partisan initiatives and solutions that are relevant to our community
- Promote and encourage buying from local businesses that provide quality information about their products and services
- Demonstrate how sustainable lifestyles and responsible operations are financially advantageous to our community.
We encourage you to visit the website of the Sustainable Danville Area, and see where you can contribute to the benefit of yourself and our entire community.